We, the undersigned, petition the Council to strongly object to the development of 2,000+ houses on Green Belt land at the Woodlands Golf and Country Club
More details from petitioner:
We believe that the plan for urban sprawl on the border of Bradley Stoke, put forward by South West Strategic Developments, will do nothing but cause problems for our residents and businesses.
The speculative site itself goes against the West of England and South Gloucestershire Council’s plan-led approach, and if it goes ahead it sets a dangerous precedent that other developers could then attempt to put forward even more sites, putting a strain on our infrastructure.
Highways England has already said they have problems with the plans, and the fact the developers are happy to clog up our roads without making any improvements is not acceptable.
The proposed development lies in the Green Belt which will impact our rural surroundings. The site itself also poses massive problems in air quality, with these new houses not only adding to the pollution from the Almondsbury Interchange and nearby A roads, but will also likely be directly affected by that same pollution, creating an unhealthy way of life for any new residents.
We want you to back our petition so the Council know the strength of our feelings on this controversial development and that they have our support to oppose it.
Submitted by John Ashe
Open from 23 Nov 2018 to 22 May 2019
Signatures: 23 [Go to signatures]
Direct link to this e-petition: http://petitions.southglos.gov.uk/petitions.ti/saynotowoodlandsgardenvillage
John Ashe, the e-Petition Creator, joined by:
- Mr E Ashe on 13 Dec 2018
- Mr john ashe on 08 Dec 2018
- Mr Steven Parsons on 08 Dec 2018
- Mrs Amy Buchan on 04 Dec 2018
- Mrs Marilyn Watson on 03 Dec 2018
- Mrs A Ashton on 02 Dec 2018
- Mrs joe-anne powell on 02 Dec 2018
- Mrs Natalie Jones on 02 Dec 2018
- Miss Stephanie Croker on 02 Dec 2018
- Mrs Carol Marshall on 01 Dec 2018
- Mrs Mandy Chittle on 01 Dec 2018
- Mr Ben Walker on 30 Nov 2018
- Mrs Dawn Ashe on 29 Nov 2018
- Mr Tom Aditya on 28 Nov 2018
- Mrs Lesley Dear on 25 Nov 2018
- Mr David Wyatt on 24 Nov 2018
- Mrs Marion Ward on 23 Nov 2018
- Mr Andy Ward on 23 Nov 2018
- Mr Paul Turner on 23 Nov 2018
- Mr Matthew Clark on 23 Nov 2018
- Mr Sanjay Shambhu on 23 Nov 2018
- Miss T Cullen on 23 Nov 2018